Almost Everyday in 2006

Monday, February 13, 2006

Let's Try Something New

I'm not sure this will actually work, but since I missed posting yesterday again (that's #2 for 2006) I wondered if I might start some routine by doing this "first thing" in the morning when I get to my computer. (Yes, you're right, the time is now after 10:00am... this is not actually first thing, but, it's close enough.)

Actually, it was not a question of first or last or anything yesterday. I just was only at my computer for about 5 minutes total yesterday. I was up very late Saturday night writing for my main blog site, and doing a few urgent things for a couple of my clients (my choice, not their request) and then Sunday was our family day. The only time I was on the computer, I was paying bills (about 11:00 at night) and then I browsed the Newsvine.com site, and posted an article there again.

If you'd like to check out the Newsvine site, just let me know. I can get you in on the Beta version, or you can just wait till it's open to the public.

Yesterday started off kind of slow... It was a week with not much sleep, so by Sunday, my body was dragging. In fact, I slept in till just after nine this morning! (I did feel a bit better today...) We had a nice breakfast, and then packed up to go do some shopping. We spent an HOUR at the grocery store because everyone and their brother was out yesterday at 1pm. It was nuts. Never seen that store so full. Then, we fought our way through the mall traffic for a fun visit to the Apple store, and it looked like Grand Opening day! We could barely fit in the store there were so many people there!!!

Amusing story from the Apple Store:
I happened to don my black Apple Eastview shirt that morning - not thinking we'd make a trip to the motherland - and it was quite warm in there, so I took off my coat. I was definitely conscious of the fact that with the staff wearing gray shirts that blended into the crowd a bit more, people would think I could answer their questions! While that was true, and in some cases, I think I know even more than some of the employees, I didn't think they would appreciate me offering folks advice. :-) I managed to avoid it most of the time, but once I stood up to go check something out, and instantly a man just started talking to me.

"Do you have a version for kids?" or, something like that? I don't know, it was kind of shocking, just starting right in like that. But my replay memory allowed me to sort of hear the question again, and I answered, "Well," I chuckled, "I don't actually work here..." A surprised, confused look washed over his face. "I know, it looks like I do... I got this shirt at their Grand Opening, sorry about that. But," I continued, "I do know a lot about this stuff..." and I proceeded to explain that Apple just recently offered a new 1GB iPod Nano that was a bit more affordable, and perhaps something he'd like to check out for his kids. And, they also lowered the price on the iPod Shuffle, making that an excellent option as well.

I should get a commission. :-)

He thanked me, and went up to check out the iPods.

That was too funny. :-)

So, we got home about 3:30 and quickly put the groceries away and made lunch for everyone. We ate lunch and then watched an episode of the A-Team as that was about all Mom and Dad could do at that point. :-) Once that was over, we started making dinner, and cleaning up. Our friends the Towners came over for dinner, and we had a great evening together. It's fun to share a meal and talk about life with folks. I think we're in pretty different places in our journey with our Father, but all of us have a longing to know him, and love to talk about what we are learning of and from him, so it was a perfect evening. Good pizza and chocolate cake, too. :-)

OK, I will switch to posting here first thing in the mornings starting tomorrow. Let's see how that goes. :-) I still can't guarantee posts on Sundays... going to have to figure out how to do that one when I'm not at the computer.......

:-)

[Posted from the HOME OFFICE in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home