Almost Everyday in 2006

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl Sunday

Oh my.

You know, I was actually looking forward to this game today. I had high hopes that this game would be a battle to the finish. Either team could win it. There would be good plays, and a few scores on both sides.

Boy was I wrong!

The game has just ended, and though Seattle had a "chance" at the end, there was no contest. It was one of the least exciting Super Bowls I have watched in a while. Poor play calling and clock management cost the Hawks, yes, but I think those were some of the worst calls by an officiating crew I have ever seen in the Super Bowl. Awful.

Well, congrats to Pittsburgh, and the Bus. I like Bettis. He's a good guy. Glad to see him win. And Cowher. And, the 6th seed winning the Super Bowl... that's pretty cool.

So, aside from the big game, we had a nice evening with the kids. Finished up our retreat this morning, and then had an AWESOME lunch (the food at this place was FANTASTIC!) and got home in time to order a pizza and wings and get the house ready for the kids and Grandma & Grandpa! They stayed to watch most of the first half, and then headed home. We were very grateful for their gift of a free, kidless weekend!!

Which brings up my last point.

How can my kids, whom I missed on so many occasions this weekend, and when I heard their voices across the street from our house tonight, made me jump up from my desk and run down to greet them - those same kids - how can they aggravate me so much? Their childish mistakes or demeanor. It's really insignificant in the scope of life, but it was so frustrating me tonight. Perhaps I was just tired. Tomorrow is another day.

Indeed.

[Posted from the HOME OFFICE (YES!) in Palmyra, NY.]

1 Comments:

  • Kids are annoying. All that screaming and whining and stuff. And since they're yours, you don't get to give them back to someone else at the end of the day. That's why you hate 'em sometimes.

    By Blogger Chi, at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home