Almost Everyday in 2006

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Another Day, Another Hard Drive

Well the big news today is that my new 500GB hard drive arrived. It's the LaCie Big Drive. Or something like that. 500GB, and almost portable. Pretty cool. Now I will have all of my files backed up. I was using this PowerBook to do that, sort of. Just manually. And, it only has an 80GB drive, so I couldn't back them all up.

Of course, this all comes after I lost my other 40GB of back up files. :-(

Oh well. We move on. Glad to have this new device.

It was funny... I saw that it required a signature (I thought) and, since I can't hear the front door very well, I was watching out the window if ever I thought I heard a truck. I never did. Finally, at around 3:30, I just checked out the front door, and it was sitting on my porch! Ha! Oh well, again. :-)

All of the files are currently being transfered. I am hoping the drive is not lost. All appears to be working, but I will do a complete wipe of the drive and reinstall everything.

As for the rest of stuff, I was an Apple support tech today. Several calls, IMs from friends who know I can help with that. :-) I love to, but sometimes I realize later that perhaps I need to make sure I do the other things I need to do as well :-) :-)

Looking forward to a nice evening with the family. Perhaps a shopping trip or two.

The evening is wide open! :-)

[Posted from the comfy chair in my HOME OFFICE in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home