Almost Everyday in 2006

Monday, February 06, 2006

I Sure Can Pack A Lot Into One Day

It was about five minutes till midnight last night when I remembered my Everyday blog again. I had thought of it several times through the day, but whatever I happened to be doing seemed more important than taking a break to write about what I was doing. :-) I knew I would get to it eventually.

Well, the day began at 8am, (early for me...) and proceeded through a huge maelstrom of e-mail. I finished going through and responding to all of that by the 11 o'clock hour somewhere. Then it was time to start in on the several open projects for the day. Some urgent, like some clean-up work from a couple hosting transfers. Those are never quite immaculate.

I came downstairs for a quick lunch, and catching up with Jen and the kids. Ian gave me a cool bracelet he made, which I wore the rest of the afternoon in the office. :-) And I completed a couple projects that were still open from the morning and before. Completing is nice. It's always nice to cross things off the list!

Jen made dinner last night! Like, not from a box, or from left overs! That's big news! And it was great! That was very cool and helpful, and awesome. We enjoyed a nice meal together, and then bundled up for our weekly Monday night trip to the library! It was in the 20s, so Jen and Kirstie went in the van, and the boys and I set out on foot on an arctic expedition, complete with perils such as the giant snow monster, wolves, and several bear traps along the way! (It was fun!) :-)

When we got back home, we aborted an attempt at watching an A-Team episode in favor of a game of Uno Attack! (A new favorite of the whole family!) We played a rousing game of that, which Ian won? Or Alex... I forget. But one of the boys did, and then everyone headed upstairs to get ready for bed.

Then I cleaned up, including our crazy turtle's tank!! It was disgusting! The water was very low (evaporation) and full of nasty green stuff! So, I did that, replaced his light bulb, and cleaned up the rest of the kitchen and gathered the trash to take out, took the trash out and emptied/loaded the dishwasher. Jen came back down as I was finishing, and I made her some french fries. (You know, where you slice up a potato and deep fry it. Not, grabbed a bag from the freezer and baked them!!) We sat and enjoyed those together, and just talked. It was nice.

We finally got upstairs around 11pm, which is when Alex woke up crying, needing to go to the bathroom. He made it, and all was well. About quarter after, we were watching an episode of Star Trek Voyager. That went all the way to 11:55pm.

That's when I said, I'll post this tomorrow. :-)

So, though the date says Feb 6, and that is when all of this happened... I did actually post this while eating breakfast at around 8:30am on Feb 7. :-)

[Posted from the Kitchen Table in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home