Almost Everyday in 2006

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Trying To Pretend It's January

I am sitting in Coffee Creek again, working on my book for a few hours. I have a nice big cup of Raspberry Chai Latte. I even still have a sweatshirt on. But, the open windows and wide open door - not to mention the blinding sunlight - make it pretty hard to deny it's been a very strange January. :-)

Currently, the temperature in Palmyra, NY is 48ºF, with a high of 52ºF expected. That's nuts.

Today we were awoken by several telephone calls, and then the rather insistent pounding on our front door. It was slightly jarring as we were all sleeping, but I remembered that I still had my friend's laptop that we were supposed to get back to him yesterday! So, I got up and gave that to him. It was just after 9am, so I just figured I should stay up.

(Now, before you give me a big, HMMMPH! please remember that I did not hit the hay till after 3am. :-)

I read a bit through my Galatians writings. That was actually really cool. It was still quiet in the house, since everyone else was sleeping, and the content was pretty amazing as well. I don't mean my thoughts. I mean, Galatians 1-3 has some really incredible stuff in it!

After we ate breakfast, we went to pick out some carpet to put on our stairs. We found some stuff, and sometime in the next week or two, our friend Ed will install it for us! Pretty cool.

Then, when we got back, it was time to start on our TAXES!!! ARGH. That is just really no fun at all. Too much to keep track of. And we already do a pretty decent job of tracking all the sales and inventory and costs and such... it's just a really big job. And not one that we necessarily are looking forward to.

Though the return checks are pretty nice. :-)

So, now here I am getting to work on my book.

Guess I better get started. :-)

OH! One more fun note... iTunes just added the A-Team to their list fo TV shows you can purchase... so... we did. :-) Last night we purchased annd watched the first episode (which was actually a two parter) - and officially introduced our kids to Mr. T. :-)

More to come...

[Posted from COFFEE CREEK in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home