Almost Everyday in 2006

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Waiting...

I am sitting at Jen's computer in our kitchen, waiting for the rest of the family to return from some errands. The food I made is getting a little cold, but it will reheat. The quiet is certainly nice, but I look forward to their return.

In the meantime, why not catch up on today's events?

Surprisingly, I awoke at 8:10 or so, and felt awake as well. It's suprising since I was awake the night before till after 3am! Playing vintage video games, and working on various projects. Not sure exactly why - just wasn't tired. Still am not. Very strange.

Today was so great, though. Seriously. I made some good progress ona few current web projects, which is always nice, and I got to connect with lots of folks via e-mail, IM and the phone. I love that. That's what make a day good or bad many times. Not always, but often that can brighten an otherwise not so good day.

We went up to the library at lunch time. That was a break from our Monday night routine. We thought they were closed last night, but it turns out they were not. :-) Oh well. Made for a fun lunch time today. :-)

Tonight we'll visit with some friends, and tomorrow night, and Sunday night. It's a good week for reconnecting. Very cool!

And, the title of the blog... was talking with a friend of ours today who is very pregnant (due any day probably) and we were talking about waiting. She's waiting for a baby. They still don't know what they will name him. :-) So, they're waiting for that. I am waiting to buy a computer system that we really want. Another friend is waiting to see what his next employment will be. Waiting.

Waiting is not fun... but God can remind us that we need him more than ever when we have to wa...



Strange but true story... as I was typing that blog on my wife's computer, I noticed the space bar periodically not working. Eventually it stopped altogether. Then some other strange things started happening. I couldn't figure it out until I called Jen to find out when they would be home, and she said, "Oh, I spilled milk on the keyboard." She meant like the keyboard was floating in milk!!! Ha! For the last two paragraphs above, I was pasting in a space with the Command-V key sequence for EVERY space. That was really, really annoying. :-)

Well, unless it works after drying out overnight, looks like we're going to have to buy Jen that wireless keyboard we've been wanting...

We'll just have to WAIT and see... ;-)

[Posted from Jen's "milky" keyboard, then the HOME OFFICE in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home