Almost Everyday in 2006

Sunday, January 08, 2006

What A Finish!

I don't know how much you might follow football, but if you have been following the NFL at all this year, you have undoubtedly heard that the Bengals made the playoffs (even got to host a playoff game in Cincy) for the first time since 1990. That's 15 seasons. Fifteen. That's a lot. So, being a good Ohio boy (and with my Bills not in the playoffs) I had kinda latched on to them as "my" team this January.

It started off bad. And got worse.

On his first pass, the starting QB, Carson Palmer, completed a 60-something-yard pass, and tore his ACL in the process. See ya in training camp. Bad news. But, backup Jon Kitna faired well. Leading 17-7 at one point, and holding that lead at half time, I figured the Bengals could pull this one out.

I was wrong.

Twenty-four points later they had lost the game 31-17. Ouch.

So, I will pick another favorite or two, and continue to root for a substitute football team as the playoffs progress... anxiously awaiting next season, when the Bills return to power! We hope. :-)

As for the rest of the day, our friends could not come due to their 3 year old daughter's strep throat! Ouch! But, we had a nice morning anyway, and watched football for most of the day until our neighbor's birthday party at 6:30. We went over (across the driveway) and celebrated Matt & his brother Chris' 32nd birthday with the rest of their family and a few close friends. Nice to celebrate with them. They're great people. They made my Top 50 list on my other blog. :-)

So, next week is supposed to return to normal. Let's see how that actually turns out!!! :-)

[Posted from the HOME OFFICE in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home