Almost Everyday in 2006

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Gall Bladders and NFL Playoffs!

In an e-mail from my Dad today, I was reminded to mention my sister's recent surgery. Yesterday morning, she had her gall bladder removed, and she got to go home with two grape-sized stones that were lodged in there! Crazy. Apparently this is something fairly common in women in general, but it has definitely been common in my extended family. Many of the ladies on my Mom's side of the family have had such a procedure performed on their bodies.

All is well, and she is recovering at home since yesterday afternoon.

I like all my organs where they are, thank you very much... :-)

We're watching the Seahawks play the Redskins this afternoon. Jen's feeling big and pregnant, so she's mostly just relaxing. I am getting some work done while we watch and the boys are enjoying some great football. It's fun that they all like it. Especially Alex. He has been counting down till kickoff all day long! :-)

The date went well last night. :-) We went to a coffee house for dinner, then to the mall to pay a visit (sans kids) to the Apple store!!! That was great. We also made a stop at JCPenny's for Jen to check out some post maternity under garments. That's always funny. There I was, just hanging out in the ladies underwear section while Jen was in the fitting room. That's when you know you've been married a long time, and you love your wife very much. :-) But after that we spent time at the Apple store and hung out on a couch sipping a Chai from Starbucks! Very nice evening.

I am already looking forward to the next one.

Today has been erratic. Jumping from task to task - mostly maintenance jobs on my various websites, including a new one I am working on. Will probably post a link here once that one is complete.

Just for fun, here are my predictions for this weekend:
Seattle, Denver, Chicago, Indianapolis (how boring... all the home teams/favorites...)

[Posted from my LIVING ROOM COUCH in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home