Almost Everyday in 2006

Friday, January 13, 2006

Unseasonble Weather

Now, ordinarily you would not find me talking about the weather. That's a topic for the longer moments of silence during a conversation with my Grandma Alta. (She likes to chat about the weather...) But given the circumstances, I figured it was a good piece to start off with in a daily journal about the days.

I am not certain at this time what the highest temperature was today, but I am typing this blog from my PORCH in a T-SHIRT on January 13th in Rochester, NY. Um... that's warm!!! My weather widget tells me it's 59ºF here in Palmyra. It's been warm like this for a while now. I woke up the other day, and the sun looked really weird. The light was coming from a strange angle or something. I couldn't figure it out until I realized, "Dummy! It's JANUARY and I am seeing THE SUN!!! We don't usually see the full-on sun in Western New York in January - unless it's shining off 3 feet of new snow!

So, besides the weather, I did catch up on a few things today. The website is back up, emails came through (giving me more to do) and the new loan process continues on pace. I got to go for a brief walk with my daughter up to the bank to deposit another check from AmeriQuest.

There was also Bills news today. The head coach, Mike Mularkey just up and resigned. Last week all was hunky-dory, but now he can't take it anymore. Very strange. Oh well.

But, by far, the best part of today is our great friends, the Stupins, will be watching all three of our outside-the-womb kids so that Jen and I can actually have a just-the-two-of-us date night! Yes!!! Can't wait. I'm taking her out to a fancy little coffee shop. :-) These dates seem fewer and farther between the more kids come along.

Soon enough, though, Ian will be baby-sitting age, and then we'll be out on the town all the time!! :-)

We'll see...

Anyway, that's the news from here. More later...

[Posted from OUR FRONT PORCH in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home