Almost Everyday in 2006

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Mission Failed?

Well, only 23 days into the adventure, my mission failed.

My intention was to post even just a few sentences once every day in the calendar year of 2006. Yesterday came and went with nary a post.

I could have posted before I headed out to help some friends move in to their new home about a mile from us. OR, I could have posted when I got back from that and before I began baking some bread to take to some other friends who just got back from the hospital the day before with their brand new baby boy. But I didn't.

I could have likely posted a blog when I went upstairs to my office to sort through all of the stuff that had built up in the ol' INBOX before I had to go back downstairs and shape the bread for it's second rising stage. I did spend about 45 minutes reading through and answering e-mails. One of which determined how I would be spending a portion of my afternoon.

I could have just skipped lunch with my family so that I could have posted an account of the day here. That probably would have worked. Or, skipped out on finishing the bread as I watched the Buffalo Bills press conference on the laptop, so that I could report on it for the BBR website.

Oh! OR, I could have written something inbetween the article for the website and heading out again to help unload the second truck at our friends' house. Especially since, they didn't show up, and even after returning from a few errands, they still had not shown up! So, by about 4:15 or so, I returned home, and that's probably when I should have posted a blog here.

Then again, I could have posted after moving some furniture from the downstairs to the upstairs. Or even after taking a shower to clean up. OR, maybe while I was cooking the spaghetti for the meal we were bringing to our friends' house.

I did bring my laptop with us... So, I could have taken a moment and posted something from their house once we brought them their food... or, I could have even used their computer. But I definitely could have posted something during our dinner at Taco Bell - they have to have free Wi-Fi, don't they? Maybe I could have looked around for something before we went to visit some other friends who lived nearby. A coffee house or something?

Our friends live in the middle of nowhere.... but I know they have an internet connection. Probably should have posted something from their house - you know... just a quick 5-10 min or so.... either before we went out to feed their horse, or after the game of Dukes of Hazzard (a cool card game from my youth...) I could have fit it in there somewhere. Right?

Or, after the 40 minute ride home, before getting the kids in bed, or at least after that, before Jen and I started our Star Trek Voyager episode. I probably could have do it then. That was around 11:30pm. I still had time. I probably could have kept the dream alive at that point.

But I didn't.

:-)

[Posted from the HOME OFFICE in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home