Almost Everyday in 2006

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sometimes, It's Not What You Expect

Today was crazy.

We had a great time last night with our friends - except for Ian horsing around and putting a pretty deep hole in the side of his head. That was an adventure. But it was nice to hang out with friends all evening. Good chocolate waffles, too. :-)

But, today was crazy.

So far this week, I have been pretty efficient in the office, but today I didn't even get there till almost 11:00am!!! I slept in a bit (after not too much sleep earlier this week, I thought it best). Then I made dinner for tonight (Skyline Chili!!) and some bread for our friend who just had a baby. (His name is Lake.) And by the time I had done that, it was almost 11.

Then, most projects I was working on today were not cooperating. It was weird.

So, after a mostly unproductive day in the office, we headed out to meet the new baby. He was cool. Just... ya know.. a baby. :-) His full name is Lakeland Matias Jones. But they'll call him Lake. When Jen told Alex the baby was going to be called Lake, Alex said, "Lake?! That's like a river! He's a lake!" That was funny.

We returned home to eat dinner for ourselves - at 7:30pm!!! But, any time is a great time for SKYLINE!!!

And then, for the nightcap, Ian and I went to the local coffee house for some one-on-one time. That was very cool. I need to do that more often. I love him. :-) (It's cool that he loves chai, too!) :-)

Now, Jen just finished her shower, and we're going to watch Star Trek Voyager!

Night!

[Posted from the PowerBook in the BATHROOM in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home