Almost Everyday in 2006

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Does This Count?

Hey. It's 1:41am on Sunday night, and I am about to head to bed, when I remembered my Everyday blog. Now, since this is still Sunday for me (despite what my computer clock is trying to tell me) I thought I would fudge the post time and stay on track for my one blog every day in 2006.

Thanks for allowing me such a freedom. ;-)

Today was great, as most day-offs have been recently. Our life (and perhaps me?) is much more relaxed these days, and I am so totally enjoying it. I wish Jen could enjoy it more. She's tired of being pregnant already. Only a few more weeks to go...

We had all sorts of great family fun today, and then had dinner with some friends we have not connected with in a long time. That was really cool. Very much enjoyed that. Afterwards, we came home to another episode from season three of the Dukes! (Yeeeeeehaaaa!!) Then, the boys and I played a little Sega Genesis before bed. :-) (Add to all of this sleeping in till almost 10am, pancake breakfast, and creating a program in BASIC for my TI-99/4a computer today... it was one super fun day!) :-)

But, definitely the coolest part of today was breaking out some old letters from family and friends. There were a few from my Mom from my freshman year of college. There were a few from friends over those same years of college. A couple were short, a few were a bit more in-depth - but all just very cool encouraging words. Words to save for a rainy day. (Though today was not rainy, it was still very nice to read them.)

Best part of that best part of the day? Reading through several letters from my best friend - and now wife of eight years 3 months and 4 days - together to end our day. It was great to remember some of the fun stuff we did together. It was even way cooler to remember how much I love her. And surprising to remember how much she loves me. I am quite a lucky guy to be her husband. :-) I am still amazed that God hooked us up. :-)

[Posted from the HOME OFFICE in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home