Almost Everyday in 2006

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Skyline Birthday Party!

Believe it or not, this is actually "first thing" this morning. :-) We slept in today (as is our custom on weekend days) and had breakfast around 10 or 10:30... oatmeal! Dad's special blends. I do love to cook for my family. There's just a bit of (self-applied) pressure today as I have a ba-gillion things to do.

But, this is one of them, so here goes.. :-)

Yesterday morning seems like forever ago, but it started off rather early again, and as I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was awoken by THE WIND. Crazy. All day it blew and knocked stuff down. Our house and the trees around it are mostly still standing. So, that's good I guess. :-) I did have to do some recovery missions though. I think I found everything.

The pace of my web work slowed a bit yesterday. That was nice. I was able to catch up on some emails and follow up phone calls. It's funny. When these few big, demanding jobs were complete, it seemed like all I was doing Friday was lining up next week's big demanding jobs! It never ends! :-)

And, admittedly... that's a good thing.

I finished up in the office around six or so, and then came down and spent a little time with the family before making dinner. We had hamburgers and french fries! Alex's comment was, "Whoa, Dad! How did you make THAT?!?!" :-) That was cute. Glad he likes it.

After dinner, Kirstie and I (and later, Ian) took some fudge around to a few friends. I made an ENORMOUS amount yesterday, so we wanted to share. :-) That was fun!

Then, we topped the evening off with a rousing game of Uno Attack and then we watched an episode of the A-Team after Kirstie went to bed. We stay up a bit later on Fridays. :-)

A nice evening. A nice day.

And today, we are having most of the Walker family over to celebrate extended family birthdays. Along with, of course, Kirstie's birthday!!! I'm making Skyline Chili and home made bread, and some other goodies. Will be a nice evening.

More later...

[Posted from the HOME OFFICE in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home