Almost Everyday in 2006

Friday, February 24, 2006

Catching Up, and Jesse James' Birthday

I posted something here last night, but it was hardly a helpful account of the previous days' events. :-) So, I thought I'd try to catch up this morning.

Wednesday the kids did come home just before noon. Alex very excitedly came all the way up to my office to show me his new hand-held, electronic football game. :-) He's an excitable kind of guy. I love that. :-) Grandma's back was hurting for some reason, so Grandpa unexpectedly came along - which was nice. They helped around the house, played with the kids, and I'm sure Jen loved having her parents here all day. She loves them. :-)

We had a nice dinner together that Mom (Grandma) made, (which was nice!) and after they left I think we played a game together, or maybe just watched the Olympics. I can't recall. It was almost bedtime anyway.. so we did something fun, and then went to BED!

Yesterday was a really hard day for me in the office. I am still trying to learn how to handle customer support. I have mentioned some of my struggles before... no need for detail now. Sometimes it's hard to please everyone. I'm trying to learn a healthy and respectful balance between trying to do that, and keeping my sanity (and guarding my time for other clients). So it was a hard day.

But we had a great evening. We had no plans, so we just kept it a family, stay-at-home night! I made dinner, then we played some video games (Alex had been asking to play his new games with me since he got back home on Wednesday). After that, we finally got another A-Team disc in the mail yesterday (from NetFlix!) and capped a great evening watching one of those - all five (six?) of us on Mom & Dad's bed :-)

It was a fun night.

Another full day today. Starts off with another RunDown over at the BuffaloBillsReview. Gotta go!

OH! But before I do... Today is Jesse James' birthday! He's 18 today! Happy Birthday!!!

(That would be, Jesse James.... Walker... our nephew.) :-)

[Posted from the PowerBook at the KITCHEN TABLE in Palmyra, NY.]

1 Comments:

  • I don't like it when these kids get older. I really don't.

    By Blogger Chi, at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home