Almost Everyday in 2006

Friday, April 14, 2006

More To The Story

I figured I have a bit of a breather right now, so I will elaborate on a couple recent stories.

Meeting Jim Kelly
So, we were all excited about the chance to go meet Jim Kelly, until our van died. It was already a busy day, and that just added to it. We were all quite frustrated, and then we did not have a van to get to the mall to see Jim. That was another frustration.

Well, as you know, our neighbors loaned us their vehicle, cause they're awesome like that, and we did get to go.

What you don't know is that while we were waiting in line (which was really very short, by the way!) we were talking with a few folks about Hunters Hope and just the Buffalo Bills in general. It was cool. I gave a Buffalo Bills Review business card to one of the guys helping out there.

All was going well until it was our turn to go talk with Jim, and Kirsten decided she didn't want to go. The boys and Julia and I began moving up to where Jim was, and Jen was trying to convince Kirstie to come with us. For whatever reason, she picked that moment to not comply, and when Jen grabbed hold of her hand to bring her up there, she fell down. This caused great cries of anguish to gush from her tiny mouth. She really didn't hurt herself, she was just already mad, and then the fall sent her over the edge. Now no one can hear anything but a screaming 2-yr-old, and Jim is trying to be nice, talking with the boys, high-fiving them and such. But I'm thinking... oh my. What great timing. :-(

I pick her up, still crying, and go up to say hello to Jim. I was looking forward to that, too. Kirstie was wearing a little Jim Kelly jersey, so we wanted to show it to him, and perhaps have him sign it. But she's still crying. Jim is looking slightly annoyed. He says, "You want me to sign it?" referring to Kirstie's jersey, and I said, "Yeah! That would be great!" At this point, as someone is writing on her back, Kirstie takes a break from her tirade. That was nice.

I took advantage of that to tell Jim about our podcast, and ask if he'd be willing to come on our show sometime. "If I have the time." Was his initial response. I mentioned that it's a podcast, and we've had some other players on there. I said he should go check it out and listen to the interviews, to see what we're asking him to do. I handed him the business card and he said, "I don't even know how to turn a computer on." He did laugh, but it also seemed like, "Please get the crying baby out of here... move along now..."

That was dissapointing. Strange timing for the little Kirstie incident. I came back after the rest of the family was in the Apple Store and talked with the head of Jim's foundation. I felt a lot better about the whole thing after that. And, hopefully we'll get to talk with Jim in the future. We'll see.

Van Trouble
We thought it was the alternator, not charging the battery. It turned out to be the battery. That was nice. A pretty easy and cheap repair. It was nice that Jen managed to get to that auto repair place, too. Pretty lucky... *wink, wink* :-) She had asked God to get her home, or somewhere else, if he had a cooler story in mind. So, perhaps that was it, or perhaps we've made a new friend? Whatever the coolness of it, I'm glad it worked out the way it did. :-)

Today many of my clients are off, so I am getting a bit more work done! I am completely amazed at the sheer volume of new work that has come in this week. I can't wait to see how I can keep up!! :-) I am grateful to God for his provision, and at the same time overwhelmed and amazed. Very cool.

OK... gotta get back to work! We're heading to our friends' house tonight for a DUKE FEST!!! We're going to watch some Dukes of Hazzard, and play the Dukes card game, and probably play with the little matchbox cars we have (The General Lee, Boss Hogg's car, Rosco's car, and Cooter's truck.) Should be a fun night! :-)

[Posted from the HOME OFFICE in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home