Almost Everyday in 2006

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Kids! Lots of Kids!

Last night I got a call - around 4:15pm or so - from a friend who has three daughters. His youngest was having some trouble with an ear infection or two, and he needed to take her to the hospital. He wondered if we could take his other two daughters for the night, and I said we certainly could.

So, at 5:30 or so, the two girls arrive, having already eaten dinner. (At 5:30, we haven't even really thought about what we'll even be making for dinner...) :-) So now there are 6 kids in our house. Fun! We all got to having a good time, and Mrs. Campbell was going to head outside to play with everyone while I got dinner ready.

As I was about to do that, the phone rang. It was another friend from a couple blocks over who wanted to bring us some clothes for our kids. Very cool. So, she was going to head over with three of her four kids. In the mean time, our next door neighbors came outside, and their two kids joined our 5 who were outside (Julia was sleeping.) So, once the other friends arrived, we had 8 kids and 5 adults in our tiny little back yard! :-)

Fun! :-)

It was a nice night. And, our ear-infected little friend was ok as well. They got her some stronger medicine, and hopefully that will help.

Also yesterday I had some fun with an old Sega NHL Hockey game. You can create players in that game, so for a while I have had myself in the game - my created NHL persona is quite a player, really - and a friend from high school (Kevyn Adams) who really does play in the NHL (currently for the Carolina Hurricanes). (I enhanced his abilities a bit as well.) :-) Well, I got the crazy idea to reassmble the old Sabres teams I remember. So, I made trades to get Pierre Turgeon, Benoit Hogue, Christian Ruutu, Uwe Kruup, Phil Housley and a few other players who all formerly donned the Blue and Gold. Even cooler than that, I created players who had retired by 1996, when that game was made. I created guys like Mike Ramsey, Mike Foligno, Rick Vaive. Cool! So, after the kids went to bed, I had some fun playing with that for a while. :-)

The ankle continues to improve. I took some aspirin before bed last night and I'd say the swelling has significantly gone down. That's good.

I also just finished editing the content for the second book. I plan to write another chapter, and an introduction and some closing remarks. But other than that it's done! We're getting there!

Now I have to get to some other stuff.

More later...

[Posted from the HOME OFFICE in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home