Almost Everyday in 2006

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Movie Night!

We went to see our first movie as a family of six last night! Actually, it was Kirstie's first theater movie, also. We don't go to the theater very much... :-)

Monday nights at this theater in Brighton are 50 cent nights! So we all got in for $2.50!!! (They very kindly did not charge us for Julia's ticket.) But, since we spent so little on the tickets, I thought it would be fun to get some popcorn and stuff! Well, the best deal by far is the tub o' corn. It was $5.75. Ouch. And then, you can't have popcorn without a drink (well, I can.. but that's cause I'm weird...) so, I got one large drink for the whole family, $3.25. Ouch again. And, when I was a kid, I always got Milk Duds whenever we went to a movie, so... I figured I'd splurge and get some Milk Duds. $3.25. Ow.

$2.50 for the movie. $12.25 for the snacks. Hmmm. Clever marketing scheme.

But, they do offer a refill of the popcorn tub for only $.25! So, we did take advantage of that, thanks to our super popcorn-eating little boys! We didn't eat very much of the refill... but we brought it home! :-)

We had a lot of fun. Watched Curious George, and the kids all loved it. We'll have to do that again, perhaps without the snacks next time.

Today I await the arrival of my new desktop computer. You'd think I wouldn't be excited, but actually, I have not had a new desktop since Christmas of 2000. That's a long time ago. :-) So I'm excited. In fact, I started writing this from the front porch! I've set up a temporary office out there while I wait for Mr. FedEx. :-) I had to come in to get my power cord (low battery) and some tea (cause I like it).

Time to go back outside! It's a beautiful day!

[Posted from the HOME OFFICE (and the front porch) in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home