Almost Everyday in 2006

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's Here

I waited outside until around 3:00pm, and my wait was finally rewarded with my new iMac G5 2.1Ghz 20" computer!!! Wow!!! It's amazing. It's big, but it's small. It's only 2" thick, but the screen is enormous and beautiful! Just amazing.

So, I spent the ENTIRE day (until 3am... so, 12 hours!) moving the old computer, setting everything up on the network, etc. I installed software, transfered files. Oh! The firewire HD came back yesterday as well. LaCie replaced it for me. That was nice of them. So, I got that up and running, and have everything synced up and ready to back up every day again. That's nice.

I have two copies of every file - sometimes more. Won't lose data again!

Now as for the computer... it's a hum dinger! And, since it came with a monitor.. I am currently employing my somewhat suspect older computer as a video editing studio. My G3 will still be my audio studio. So we're hooked up here!!!

It was fun putting everything together. Then this morning I had a meeting with a client, then went over to some friends' house to help them put together an iPhoto book of their 12 week old son! :-)

--=-=---=--
The blog ended abruptly yesterday, as several things happened
-=-=-=----=-

The afternoon was a bit hectic as our friends were over for lunch, and then Jen took the troops (Well, just the boys, actually) to Salvation Army for their big Wednesday sale. When she tried to start up the van, it didn't. So, after getting a jump from Leah who was with her, she did go a little farther, ending up in stalling out at an auto repair shop! Leah brought her and the boys home from there.

Long, long story short, the place that the van stalled ended up fixing it for us, and I found out today (the 13th) that it was just a dead battery.

That put a damper on our evening though, as the repair was going to cost us money we didn't want to spend, and we were supposed to go up to the mall to meet Jim Kelly! He was there signing autographs.

Well, our awesome neighbors let us borrow their van, and we got to go meet him. It was nice. He signed lots of our stuff. I talked real briefly with him about our bills podcast too. We'll see where that goes.

After the Jim Kelly thing, we hung out at the Apple Store for the rest of the evening. Also got to pick up our photos from Sears. So, it turned out to be a nice night. :-)

Here we are today, and I still feel like I'm just trying to catch up!

More later perhaps...

[Posted from the HOME OFFICE in Palmyra, NY.]

1 Comments:

  • If you had Kelly on your show, that would rock.

    What would rock more is if you guys spent the whole show trying to persuade him into making a comeback. And then he actually did.

    By Blogger Chi, at 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home