Almost Everyday in 2006

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Toe Surgery

Well, I don't know if it qualifies for "surgery" but, yesterday I had a section of my toe nail removed from the big toe on my left foot. About an 1/8" section! I had an ingrown toe nail that had gotten quite irritated and now infected, and I could not reach it, so I found a podiatrist, and he injected me with some numbing stuff and in just about a minute, had removed all of the stuff casusing me toe pain.

He wrapped it up in a bandage, and gave me instructions for toe care over the next week or so (involving lots of soaking in cool water mixed with vinegar) and we were off. (In fact, as I type this to you, my foot is in cool water with vinegar...) :-)

We had a little less than an hour before the next appointment (wtih our dentist) so the boys and I headed over to the gym at Crosswinds to run around and play with the balls real quick. Our friend John Gallagher was there, so he and I chatted while the boys were busy being athletic. (Ian was hitting several of his shots from the free throw line... quite impressive!)

We headed out and got to the dentist at just the right time, and got our teeth cleaned - good as new! And then, as is our custom, we picked up the Velasquez girls (this time Ellie got to come, too) and headed to McDonalds for a Dentist Day lunch. :-) Let me tell you... this started when it was two older kids (Ian and Hannah), but now that it's me versus four kids, including a 3 and 4 year old... that's a different dynamic! :-) But it was fun! We're already looking forward to our date in September. :-)

The rest of the day seems like a blur for some reason. I am still inexplicably tired. Really. I have tried to get some sleep, but I am just worn out by the end of the days these days. (And I don't mean MY end of the days. I mean by 9:00 or 10:00pm!! I usually press on, but I am already tired by then.)

I continue to do analog to digital conversions. I did a couple more movies yesterday, and simultaneously, I have been converting the Preparation For Parenting audio tape series from the Ezzos to a digital format for our iPod on my G3. I told Jen yesterday that I could be regularly employing about 5 computers upstairs. I use two for web and graphic design (one to create, one to test) and one for video conversion, one for audio conversion, and I could probably use a Windows box for checking certain web pages I design (for compatibility with those of you who insist on using Internet Explorer for Windows XP. It is quite flawed, I tell you. Please check out FireFox. You will be much happier. (Even if you didn't know you weren't happy now.)

So, we don't have the money at the moment to get another computer, but I could definitely put it to work if we did. :-)

I think my foot has sufficiently soaked. Time to take a shower and start the day.

[Posted from the PowerBook in our Kitchen in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home