Almost Everyday in 2006

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Absence

I think the unprecedented absence from this blog should give you some insight into this season of our life. BUSY. And tired. Normal life continues to go on while Jen slows way down - growing more and more weary of carrying the baby on the inside - and I grow more and more weary from trying to prepare for taking two weeks off when the baby arrives. What I do is cram that two weeks worth of stuff into the week or two prior to the birth of the new baby. So, I end up living twice as many weeks in the short time leading up to the baby's arrival.

Not sure that's a smart thing to do.

But, the family needs me more, so I am doing a good deal more of the house work (though Jen is hangin in there! she just can't do a lot of it anymore!) The kids are a bit restless as Mom is no fun to play with anymore. :-) (Nor is it easy for her to help keep them disciplined during the day, so they do get a bit unruly...) And that's just added on top of my normal work load, and now I have taken on my book project (I am making progress there!)

Like I said... the absence in the blog world is a good indication of the activity in the real world. :-)

So today we're going to get fixed up. First, I have an appointment with a podiatrist to fix my toe. It's a "simple procedure" they assure me, but we'll see about that! Second, the boys and I have another dentist teeth cleaning appointment. We actually look forward to those. The boys love it, and I tolerate it. Then we take the Velasquez girls out for lunch at McDonalds after our appointment! (That's the fun part) :-)

So, I won't get to my office till about 1:30 today! That's not really going to help anything at all....

No baby yet - but we're only 10 days away from the due date, so we're really, REALLY close!! :-) :-)

OK, gotta go wake up the kiddos.

[Posted from the HOME OFFICE in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home