Almost Everyday in 2006

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Slow Down!

I feel like I should listen to myself sometimes. I know that I am trying to do too much right now. I know that my family needs me more than usual. I know that I really just need to sleep. But, I also know that I am not going to. Last night, my body took over, and I woke up at nearly 5am, still ready to work on my book! Ha! I just fell asleep! That was funny.

I am still working on my book. We are still waiting for the baby. The kids are still waiting to get their mom back. We're still waiting on the baby. Many of my clients are still waiting for me to do more work for them. Jen made dinner tonight (which was great) but in general, I also provide meals and take care of much of the household duties these days. (Have I mentioned we're waiting for a baby?)

So, I'm tired. Worn out. Fried. And yet, weighed down by all the stuff I have to - and want to - do.

I should just go to sleep, but, I won't.

I missed yesterday, so here's a recap of the past two days...

After the doctor's appointment Friday afternoon, I took Jen to her favorite restaurant pretty nearby there. I told her it was her "last meal" (out, at least) before the baby. :-) That was very nice. No kids, just me and Jen. Then we had Carne Mechada (the Venezuelan national dish) for dinner. Another of Jen's faves. (She had a great food day!) :-) We went to the mall in the evening to just walk around and get that baby out. That was nice. Saw some folks there we had not seen in a while. Was fun to meet up with them by chance.

We also went to the Apple store, of course.

Oh, fun story... my two year old daughter knows good stuff when she sees it! We were heading to the Apple store, and as we were approaching the hallway where the store is, Kirstie blurts out, "Ap-pullllllll!!!" Ha! And then she starts putting her hands up in the air and shrugging her shoulders - her sign language for, "Where is it??" He he. We do make many trips there, and apparently, Kirstie likes it! :-)

Today we all slept in a bit, but I worked on some clients' websites as well as putting my book together. I am finished with the first section. Only about six or seven more to go. :-) Actually, it's really coming along, and I will be doing a lot more work on it tonight.

No signs of baby yet, but it's coming soon. I'm sure we'll post something about that here when s/he arrives. :-)

[Posted from the PowerBook on the big couch in our living room in Palmyra, NY.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home