Almost Everyday in 2006

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

You know, it's just funny... I do it every year, and every year I think, "This is so silly..." but here I am again, heading to bed after staying up to watch a ball drop! :-)

It's not the ball. It's not the tradition. It's not really even New Years. :-) Actually, all the strange traditions and the whole "everybody doing the same thing" thing aside - I love that everyone else stays up late with me!

I am definitely a late-nighter. So, midnight is early evening for me. That part is no trouble. But the ball, the toasts, the champagne, the kissing... sorry folks, that's too much uniformity for me. :-) :-) I mean, it's just a day we flip open a new calendar? Right?

I sound like I'm mad (perhaps?)... but I am not at all. Happy to be with my family, and looking forward to another year. Can't wait to do this again next year (yes, I am sure that I will!) and look back on this online journal of the year that was.

Thanks for joining me. :-)

[Posted via DIAL UP! at my parents' house in Spring Valley, OH.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home