Almost Everyday in 2006

Monday, January 02, 2006

Family

Well let me tell you, even though I loved most every bit of the past two days, I am tired! I am sitting here taking minutes to form each sentence! Crazy!

I can't capture everything here, I don't think, but, to continue with my experiment, I'd like to catch most of the big details. :-)

After I went to bed early on New Year's Day, we got back up at 7:00am! Argh. That was definitely something unique about this year. We noticed near the end of the day on Sunday that it really didn't even feel like New Year's Day! It sorta just felt like a normal Sunday. That was kinda sad...

Anyway, we left my parents' house at 8:00am with all three of our sleepy kids to go and set up for singing at both the 9:00 and 11:00am services at Crossview Christian Church (where my parents attend services). Except for a few technical glitches, it was an enjoyable time, which ended with a quick trip back to my parents' home to watch the Bills' game!!! We all got dressed up in our Bills' gear and readied our selves for a season-ending victory in New Jersey! (Playing the Jets).

My sister and her family were also in the house (she has three girls 4 yrs old and younger!) as well as Grammy & Grandpa and all our family. Needless to say, it was busy. And sometimes hard to catch the game. But, we managed, and had a blast! Only problem was, after the Bills took the lead late in the 4th quarter in a great back-and-forth game, the kickoff following that score was returned for a touchdown, and the JETS took the lead! Argh! So, the Bills lost 30-26, but, we still had a great time. :-)

For the rest of the day we hung out, played with kids, ate LOTS of food and enjoyed time together as the larger Campbell family. Fun. But again... tiring. At the end of the day, we watched the final NFL Primetime with my parents (via TiVo) and then caught the end of the final ESPN Sunday Night game. A little piece of history there.

Today we woke up around 9am to get a project done for my Dad (who is still recovering from a broken ankle and other breakages) and then headed down to Cincinnati to spend a bunch of today with my sister's family. :-) Fun. We had lunch at CiCi's Pizza (one of our faves) and played for an hour or so at their church building with lots of fun toys, and then went to check out the improvements to our old college campus with a quick self-guided (well, Tara-guided) tour of the new stuff.

We ended the day with dinner at Skyline Chili (the Price Hill restaurant, where it all began!) and then a trip back to Mom & Dad's for one more evening of fun with them. Packing tomorrow, then a long trip home.

Tune in tomorrow for all the exciting details! :-)

[Posted via DIAL UP! at my parents' house in Spring Valley, OH.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home